jayclappphotography

Monday 3 June 2013

App Developers: Stop Making Photo/Video Apps!

Please note this post was not created by Jay Clapp Photography but by Jaron Schneider


The explosion of the app development industry after the colossal growth of smartphone and tablet products in the market started out as a fantastic new tech segment worth watching. It has contributed significantly the rebirth of my beloved Bay Area and Silicon Valley. However, in recent months, this once proud and innovative space has devolved into an overcrowded, hyper competitive and absurdly redundant “look at me” marketplace. This is probably most true for apps based on taking and sharing photos and videos, and I’m getting really sick of it. [more]





via Fstoppers http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/fstoppersfeed/~3/8I0eOlGacdE/app-developers-stop-making-photovideo-apps please use the share buttons below to share to your social network sites Jay








via WordPress http://jayclappphotography.wordpress.com/2013/06/03/app-developers-stop-making-photovideo-apps/

1 comment:

  1. A great many of these Iphone App Development are touted as “the next great thing” by some independent developer who has recently secured a couple million in seed funding. Rarely have I found an app to really be this wonderful addition to my life that the overblown marketing strategy tries to sell to me.

    ReplyDelete